Thanks tons for coming by Take Out Tuesday's Ustream Show last night! I had such a great time showing you how to make this totally simple and easy to make tree.
It's an awesome decoration to add to your Christmas decor....Just wanted to take a second and give you some of the details of how it was made...But first, let me show you the finished tree...
The video for the tree can be found HERE:
What you will need:
Tim Holtz/Sizzix Petal Drop Die
(6) 12 x 12 Light Weight Chipboard
6 x 12-inch Scrap piece Medium Weight Chipboard
Scor-Tape or similar
Hot Glue and Hot Glue Gun
The class was taped last night however, I wanted to give you a ROUGH rundown of the steps. This is not a stepped out tutorial...just the steps for clarification....So here we go....
- Cut 72 petal pieces. The die has (3) petals to it, so 24 sets of petals.
- Make (9) layers of "boughs" by adhering the petal drops together with cardstock strips.
- Start with (12) Petals as the bottom bough, then (11), (10), (9) and so on until you do your last bough of (4) petals.
- Once the layers have been made cut (3) 1-1/4 x 12 strips of med. weight chipboard. Form into circles and tape ends together.
- Apply the circle to the top of the (12) petal layer with hot glue. Next, apply hot glue to the top on the circle and set the (11) petal layer to the top. Add another circle to the top of the (11) petal layer. Apply hot glue to the top of the circle and add the (10) petal layer. Add the remaining circle to the top of this layer and glue on the 9th layer.
- Cut a piece of chipboard to 1/2 x 12-inch. Form it into a circle as we did above. Glue the circle onto the top on layer (9) and adhere layer (8) on top.
- For the remaining layers, just add hot glue to the top of the previous layers and glue into place.
- To finish off the tree, paint the tree with white gesso and allow time to dry.
- Once the tree has dried add modeling paste to the branches of the tree and allow to dry.
- Last, add different kinds of glitters to make it sparkle!
Thanks for coming by!
The Gentleman Crafter