It's been a few days since I posted and I'm going through withdrawals!! I was however enjoying each and every minute of my holiday weekend. I hope everyone had an amazing weekend and are relaxed and fulfilled.
I cannot even begin to say how I'm wishing and wanting some cooler weather. It kinda puts you more in the mood to craft for Fall! Today it climbed up to 101 degrees and we are told to expect more of the same for the rest of the week. Oh yeah, we will get a cool front coming through on Saturday and they forecast it to go down to 90! At least that's something! LOL!
Anyway back to Fall...Mom came this weekend and we had a wonderful time talking and creating. I think I did more of the creating and she did more of the talking, but it was so nice having her by my side! We worked on a Fall tag we would like to share with you. The tag involved pulling out the "Flame Thrower!" Remember me talking about this wonderful invention on my old blog? If not, it's a creme brûlée torch that has inherited the name above. I totally think one needs a license to handle one of these babies! :) You could do some serious damage if you don't watch what you are doing! Yep, won't go into details.
So here's the tag....
Items for the tag can be purchased at Inspiration Emporium:
Tim Holtz Alterations-Sizzix Movers & Shapers L Die - Tag & Bookplates
Tim Holtz Alterations-Sizzix Movers & Shapers Die - Pumpkin Jack
Tim Holtz Alterations-Sizzix Movers & Shapers Die Set 2PK - Mini Acorn & Pumpkin Set
Tim Holtz Alterations-Sizzix Bigz Die - Tattered Leaves
UTEE - 4 oz - Clear
Distress Ink Reinkers - Dusty Concord
Distress Ink Reinkers - Rusty Hinge
Distress Ink Reinkers - Vintage Photo
Distress Embossing Powders - Vintage Photo
Distress Embossing Powders - Spiced Marmalade
Distress Ink Pads - Vintage Photo
Distress Ink Pads - Black Soot
Inkssentials - Glossy Accents
Medium Weight Chipboard
How We Did It...
1. We applied paper strips with tape to the tag and sizzled them with the Flame Thrower :).
2. We painted the sizzled goodness with Gesso and then inked it with Vintage Photo and a bit of Black Soot Distress ink.
3. Cut out all the dies.
4. Applied modeling paste to the leaves and acorn bottoms. Let dry.
5. Added Distress Ink (refills) to the leaves and spritzed with water. Let dry
6. Applied UTEE to the leaves and embossed.
7. Applied Vintage Photo Distress embossing powder to the tops of the acorns
8. Inked The acorns with Vintage Photo and a bit of water.
9. Applied Spiced Marmalade Distress Embossing powder to the Pumpkin and added lines with Vintage Photo Embossing Powder.
10. Cover the surface of the pumpkin with UTEE and embossed.
11. Put all the pieces together and glued in place.
12. Added some ribbons.
Hope you like it! We had fun making it and laughed the whole time! :) I am uploading the video now of mom and I making it, if you need a grin! :)
Well that's it for tonight y'all...Many projects are int he making! MANY! LOL!
Have an awesome day!
The Gentleman Crafter