In celebration of finishing a September project for Graphic 45, I gave myself a little treat! Time to play with Dyan's, Dylusions inks and stamps! Y'all I had a blast! Once I got the blasted plastic off the bottles...(That was a trip! LOL!) I went to town and sprayed everything including my hand...well, more like my arm, desk and shirt in Postbox Red! So know I hear ya about overspray! LOL! Easily cleaned up! I really got lost in it and had so much fun trying to figure out how to do it! I've got a lot of learning' to do Lucy! Now I've got to have more stamps! WIll it ever end? Guess not!
SO if you promise not to laugh, I will show you my first attempt. LOL!
I used a white opaque pen to go around the leaves as I had seen Dyan do at CHA. Pretty cool how it adds a little something...
You can see a little bit of the ghosting of the letters in the picture below. Ok, squint real hard and look! LOL! I'm loving this technique and can't wait to do it again on better paper.
Things I've learned...
- I think I need to have a heavier/nicer cardstock. It was as though my papers ate the ink. I did spray the sheet first with water and then applied the ink.
- Need to have more paper towels on hand for clean up.
- Next time a larger craft sheet
- Open your spritzer bottle away from your project LOL!
- Don't wear your good white work shirts while doing this. :)
- Have more time to play because it could be very addictive!
Well, That's It! Y'all Have a Great Night and thanks for coming by!
The Gentleman Crafter